We always see patients with aches and pains triggered by exercise that prevent them from being active. These injuries are often as a result of their own gait mechanics.
Your gait is simply how you walk and run – the biomechanical movement of your body. If you have abnormal biomechanics, it causes stress to your body and there’s an increased risk of injury to skeletal muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints.
At Studio Podiatry, we use digital gait analysis, force plate assessments and in-shoe motion analysis technology to identify abnormalities of movement causing injury, imbalance, muscle weakness and poor technique.
Once diagnosed we can treat the pain using for example joint mobilisation techniques, exercises to strengthen weak muscles, footwear advice, custom orthotics and issue long-term preventative advice such as how to walk and run correctly.
Benefits of this technology include:
- Pinpointing technical errors in walking or running cycle
- Help identify mechanical compensations leading to or caused by injury
- Identify areas of the foot and leg that are at risk of injury
- Identify high pressure areas of the foot
- Measure effectiveness of treatment (before and after)